Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The wedding site

Over the years, scott and I would have those "where would you our wedding to look like" conversations. Scott would always throw out things like, can I wear white? Or blue? I knew from there that we wouldn't be having a traditional wedding(no he WON'T be wearing white or blue). We had long ago ruled out the beach, or a church and always came back to the thought of a low key backyard wedding. Something more "us" we always said. We have always been more concerned with getting all our friends and family in one place to have an awesome party with good food and drinks, then about what glorious ballroom we'd be dancing our first dance as Mr and Mrs in. So it didn't take us long to decide that Mom and Dads backyard would be the natural choice. Not to mention that 30 years ago, this year, my Auntie Stacey and Uncle Larry had their wedding reception in mom and dads backyard, only few short months after they had finished the build!! I feel like dad is always looking and me, mom and whit saying NO MORE PARTIES, whoops...sorry dad, this is the biggest party of my life :) but all joking aside dad was happy(i think)to get his yard finished up and not have to spend $$$$ on a location we would borrow for only a few short hours. So the backyard "wedding site", as it has been dubbed, is in full swing. The landscape architect has been called, property lines have been staked(thanks to Scott and uncle Fred!) and it will be a magical wonderland before we know it. I'm not planning on posting many picture, I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will post one or two "before" pictures so you can appreciate all the hard work that will be going into this fantastic day! Stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment